Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is the former governor of Lagos State and a presidential candidate for the All Progress Congress ( APC).
The ex-governor is regarded as a loyal elder statesman and Pan-Africanist who remains a great inspiration to African youths.
Here are six things you need to know about Bola Tinubu
1. Asiwaju Tinubu was born and christened Adekunle Bola Ahmed Tinubu on March 29, 1952, in Lagos, Nigeria.
2. He attended St. John’s Primary School, Aroloya Lagos, and Children’s Home School in Ibadan. Tinubu then went to the United States in 1975 where he studied first at Richard J. Daley College in Chicago, Illinois, and then at Chicago State University.
3. Tinubu is a master’s degree holder in Accounting at Chicago State University of America.
4. He previously served as Governor of Lagos from 1999 to 2007 and Senator of Lagos west during the third brief republic and that is why he holds the titles of Asiwaju of Lagos and the Jagaban of the Borgu Kingdom in Niger State, Nigeria.
5. During his eight-year rule as Lagos Governor, he made large investments in education and also returned many schools to their original owners.
6. He was chosen as the All Progressive Congress in the 2023 Nigerian presidential election