In Kaduna, the state government yesterday confirmed the death of 25 persons by bandits in attacks on four communities in Kauru Local Government Area of the state.
It was however, came as a surprise as Kaduna State Government confirmed, yesterday the death of 25 persons in renewed attacks on four communities of Kauru LGA of the state by bandits, meanwhile Katsina Emirate Council has banned open grazing within the Katsina metropolis and its surroundings.
The fresh attack involved some homes at Suleja, Niger State, abducting five persons including two children. The ban on open grazing in Katsina emirate was contained in a recorded statement signed by Wakilin Kudin Katsina, Alhaji Abdu Iliyasu yesterday.
This as it is getting on the high side of the Federal Government’s opposition to the ban on open grazing by Southern Governors in their meeting in Asaba, Delta State few months ago.
This as a matter of fact, is as one of the abducted students of Government Secondary School, GSS, Chibok, Borno State and her husband, a Boko Haram – ISWAP terrorist have surrendered to troops in the North East.
Iliyasu now said that the directive became effective from Tuesday, August 3, 2021, adding that had been put in place for its effective devilish implementation.
Mallam Iro Bindawa, Spokesman for the Katsina Emirate Council said in a statement that he was out of town and could not comment on the development until he returned.
It will be recalled that Governor Aminu Masari had last month, revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari had approved N6.25 billion for the state for a ranching project, adding that N5 billion of the money had already been made available.
Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan, confirmed this while giving an update on the attacks on Ungwan Magaji, Kishicho, Kigam and Kikoba villages of Kauru Local Government on Tuesday, this week. He also said property worth hundreds of millions of naira were damaged during the newly launched attacks.
“The figures bring the total number of those who died in the attack to 25, with three persons injured, 68 farms destroyed and 63 huts burnt,’’ he added.
The Commissioner said Governor Nasir el-Rufai had already conveyed his deep condolences to the families of the deceased, who died in the attack, prayed for the repose of the victims’ souls and wished the injured ones a speedy recovery.
The government directed the State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA, to conduct an urgent assessments of the affected communities, adding that further developments would be communicated to the public as soon as possible.