Explosion Rocks Ogun State, Kills Three

0
175

At about 3pm at Oke-Egunya, along NTA Road in Abeokuta South Local Government Area on Wednesday, there was a gas explosion that killed three people including an infant.

An witness said it occurred when technician was topping up gas of a faulty refrigerator when the explosion happened.

“In the process of topping up gas into the refrigerator, there was an attraction of fire from someone cooking with firewood and there came an explosion,”

Also confirming the incident, Mr. Fatai Adefala Director of Fire Service in the State, he said;

“We received a distress call at 3:15pm at Oke-Igbore. We learned it was a spark of fire. On getting there, we discovered it was a gas explosion.

“What really happened was that they were cooking outside with fire and unfortunately the gas exploded.

“They were trying to top the gas in the fridge, in the process, it exploded.

“Three lives were lost, one infant was among them. For now, the bodies are still lying there. You know it was those who are living in that house that were affected. It is an ancient building,”

ALSO READ:  Public School Teachers In Ogun Demand For PPE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here