Thursday, October 6, 2022
HomePoliticsNEWSWe Won't Use Force To Rescue Abducted Train Victims-Buhari

We Won’t Use Force To Rescue Abducted Train Victims-Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has said that the federal government will not use force to secure the release of the remaining abductees of the ill-fated Abuja-Kaduna train.

The president on Thursday, August 11 disclosed this during a meeting with the representatives of the families of the victims at the Presidential Villa, said they’ve weighed all options and concluded that the best way to bring all the victims back home safely was not to use force.

Buhari also stated that the federal government is doing everything within its powers to ensure the safe return of the remaining captives.

“I have been informed that at last count, there remain about 31 people in the hands of the kidnappers, and our determination is to work towards returning these 31 people to their families.

“It is understandable that emotions typically run high, we have received several suggestions about the deployment of lethal military force in extracting those still being held in captivity. 

“This option has indeed been considered and evaluated. However, the condition to guarantee a successful outcome and minimize potential collateral damage could not be assured, and therefore that course of action had to be reluctantly discarded.

“My primary concern is to get everyone released safe and unhurt.

“Each one of them will be hunted and pursued and spoken to in the language that they understand.

“Judging by the available reports to me and news that have begun emerging in the last few days, I will say they (security operatives) have heard this instruction and are responding appropriately.

ALSO READ:  " I Plead With Mr. President To Address The Root Causes Of The Pain Which The Youths Are Complaining About"- Afe Babalola

“In the past couple of days, you must have heard about the number of terrorists neutralized by the military, and the number of hostages freed. These efforts will not stop, or reduce,” President Buhari said.

Buhari also said that several actions had been taken by the government to bring succor to the affected families and to prevent a recurrence in the country.

ALSO, READ

Mary Ama
Mary Ama
A passionate writer with the sauce. I do that to get you entertained without a 404 page.
RELATED ARTICLES

Leave a Reply

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

%d bloggers like this: