On Monday night while giving an update on the outbreak of the disease in the state, Seyi Makinde, the state governor, disclosed this in a series of tweets ”He states that the recovered persons were discharged after receiving their second negative tested results, bringing the number of discharged cases in Oyo to 688”.
The governor, who is also the incident commander of COVID-19 in the state, announced the confirmation of 66 new cases recorded. and further said the new cases were reported from 13 local government areas of the state while one person died of the virus.
The governor said the state now has 1,372 COVID-19 cases with a total of 12 deaths recorded so far. He urged the residents to continue to comply with the guidelines of the Oyo COVID-19 Task Force to curb the spread of the disease in the state.