7 Crew Members Missing From Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack – NRC

Seven of the crew members of the ill-fated Abuja-Kaduna train that was attacked by terrorists on Monday, March 28, are still missing.

This was disclosed by the Nigerian Railway Corporation on Tuesday as part of updates on the incident.

The NRC also said attempts to contact about 163 passengers who boarded the AK9 Abuja-Kaduna have remained futile.

NRC Managing Director, Fidet Okhiria, in the sixth update from the corporation since the incident occurred, further disclosed that a total of 191 passengers had been confirmed safe and were in their various homes with their families.

Fidet added that work was still ongoing to get the rail line back to operations.

 “191 persons on the manifest are now confirmed safe and at their various homes. Additional five persons were confirmed safe today.

“46 phone numbers on the manifest are still either switched off or not reachable since Tuesday morning. 33 phone numbers on the manifest are ringing but still no response from the other end.

“62 phone numbers on the manifest when called response non-existent. 22 persons are reported missing by their relatives. Eight persons confirmed dead,” Okhiria said.

On the crew members in the train, the NRC boss said, “There were a total of 20 train crew on board. Seven (are) NRC staff, five are okay and two are missing.

“This brings the total number of recovered coaches and safely moved to the NRC stations to eight,” he said.

“Intensive track repair works continued on-site to enable the recovery of the remaining coaches and locomotives,” he added.

ALSO READ:  Rising Insecurity: Northern Elders Forum Asks President Buhari To Resign.

ALSO, READ

Leave a Reply