A 4-year-old girl died in a car after her parents left her inside with the doors locked to attend a funeral.
Sadia had arrived for the funeral service with her family in Ramhormoz, Iran, while temperatures outside reached 49C.
According to the reports, was sleeping when she was left in the car, where the mercury climbed to 79C inside – which is hot enough to roast a chicken.
By the time her parents realized she was in the car, Sadia was found unconscious.
Reporters confirmed the girl died from heat stroke and suffocation.
“A young couple left their four-year-old child sleeping in a car when they went to mourn the little girl’s aunt.
“The parents who decided not to wake the child then forgot her because of their distress during the funeral.
“The child was left in the car for several hours in hot, sunny weather and the car doors were locked,” the Head of Ramhormoz’s forensics department Dr. Gholamreza Haidarnejad said.
The doctor added that the child died because of stress, heat intensity, and lack of oxygen.
The couple is receiving counseling and local police are investigating the tragedy.