Here is a quick and easy recipe for making a microwaved mug cake;
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- a few drops of vanilla essence or other essence (orange or peppermint work well)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins etc (optional)
- Add 4 tbsp self-raising flour, 4 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp cocoa powder to the largest mug you have (to stop it from overflowing in the microwave) and mix.
- Add 1 medium egg and mix in as much as you can, but don’t worry if there’s still some dry mix left.
- Add the 3 tbsp milk, 3 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil and a few drops of vanilla essence and mix until smooth, before adding 2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins, if using, and mix again.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave and cook on High for 1½ -2 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch.
And voila! your chocolate mug cake is ready to eat.