Monday, July 15, 2024
HomePoliticsNEWSTerrorists Killed 13 Rice Farmers in Borno state

Terrorists Killed 13 Rice Farmers in Borno state

On Sunday November 5, an information was release that 13 rice farmers were being killed while several others are missing when suspected Boko Haram insurgents stormed their farms in Mafa Local Government Area of Borno State.

According to the reports, it was gathered that the insurgents stormed rice fields on Sunday, November 5, 2023, rounded up the farmers who were in their field harvesting their farm produce in Karkut and Koshebe General Areas of Mafa LGA, slaughtering them with knives. Most of the farmers were said to be from Zabarmari ward in Jere Local Govt Area of the state.

Koshebe massacre - Wikipedia

According to the information from the Civilian Joint Task Force sources, 13 dead bodies were being recovered as the search for missing people continues.

“We are sad this incident is happening again this year, we lost more than a dozen of our farmers from Zabarmari who were attacked on Sunday evening while working on their rice fields in Mafa LGA”.

“The whole town is sad and we are mourning as we speak. Security agencies and CJTF are still searching for those who are missing but 13 dead bodies have so far been recovered,” the source said.

“Nine bodies were recovered as at Yesterday (Sunday) night,  while the search for others who fled the attacks are still ongoing,” he said.

A top security source had it that the terrorists who were on motorcycles divided themselves into three groups before attacking the farmers. The source said the bushwhackers did not use their guns, instead they used cutlasses and knives.

RELATED ARTICLES

Leave a Reply

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments