On Monday, July 5, there was a fire incident at the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) just an hour after the candlelight procession for the late founder of the church, Prophet T.B Joshua.
The procession held on Monday evening, led by TB Joshua’s widow, Evelyn Joshua.
Thousands of followers attended the ceremony that started with “three meditative laps of The SCOAN Prayer Mountain in honour of the memory of Prophet T.B. Joshua.”
Afterwards, members gathered at “the Junction of the Cross” to drop their burning candles.
However, at about 11pm after the candlenight procession, there was a fire outbreak at the storehouse within the SCOAN complex.
The Church in an official statement on Facebook confirmed the incident saying;
In the late evening of Monday 5th July 2021, there was a minor electrical fire incident at a store house within The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) complex. The incident was quickly brought under control without any injuries.
As part of the preparedness for the weeklong services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua, The SCOAN has worked closely with relevant government agencies including the Lagos State Fire Services, whose members were on ground at the time of the incident.
We thank God for His continued protection. We assure the general public that there is no cause for alarm and the services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua will continue as scheduled.
“Nothing outside God’s control can happen to His children.” – TB Joshua