Ten Members Of Same Family Die After Eating Tuwo In Zamfara State

Zamfara State

According to reports, at Jangeme village in Gusau Local Government Area of Zamfara State, ten members of the same family reportedly died after eating tuwo .

An uncle of the deceased said that they died one after the other after the elder sister of the deceased persons, Aisha, cooked a food item with a powder suspected to be hair shampoo instead of potassium, which is normally used in cooking a Hausa food known as “Tuwon Dawa” (swallow), which immediately led to the death of nine out of the 10 members of the family, who ate from the poisonous food. 

Mr Auwal Usman Ruwan Dorowa, the Public Relations Officer, Yariman Bakura Specialist Hospital, confirming the incident said that the doctors confirmed that the deceased persons ate what led to their death.

ALSO READ:  Tony Rapu shares throwback photo with Pastor Adeboye in 1992

Leave a Reply